Score: South Dakota State 0 – Oral Roberts 3
Records: SDSU (2-14, 0-3 SL) – ORU (6-9, 3-0 SL)
Location: Frost Arena (Brookings, S.D.)
BROOKINGS, S.D. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team used a .392 hitting percentage to dismantle South Dakota State in three sets (25-17, 25-22, 25-15) Friday night at Frost Arena and remain unbeaten in Summit League play.
Laura Milos took over for the Golden Eagles offensively in their first road match of the conference season posting eight and nine kills, respectively, in the first two sets. She closed with a match-high 19 kills behind a .471 hitting percentage and now stands at 1,996 kills in her career.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos is seeking to become just the second player in program history to reach the 2,000-kill plateau and needs only four to hit the milestone.
- Morgan Blomquist tied her career high with nine kills, but needed only 14 swings to get there, hitting a blistering .643 for the night.
- ORU's blocking continued its exceptional play of late as Shelby Cox returns to full health providing four block assists. The Golden Eagles doubled the Jacks at the net 6-3 in blocks getting three from Bri Greenlee and a solo block by Blomquist.
- Lucija Bojanjac and Bria Bergman distributed 19 and 18 assists, respectively, while Tori Roe chipped in a career-best eight. Roe led ORU with 11 digs as the only player to reach double figures.
- The Golden Eagles' .392 hitting percentage was their second-highest mark of the season (Southern-.420).
- Ashlynn Smith paced SDSU with 10 kills.
ORU continues its three-match road trip Sunday afternoon with a matchup against the Bison of North Dakota State. First serve is slated for 1 p.m. in a battle of the only two 3-0 teams in The Summit League.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.