Score: ORU 0 – Denver 3
Records: ORU (14-13, 6-7 SL) – DU (19-6, 11-2 SL)
Location: Hamilton Gymnasium (Denver, Colo.)
DENVER, Colo. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team could not pull off the season sweep of league-leading Denver, falling on the road in three sets (18-25, 13-25, 20-25) Friday night at Hamilton Gymnasium.
Laura Milos paced the Golden Eagles' offense getting 14 kills as the only player to reach double figures and added a match-high 18 points. In the first set, the junior became just the fourth player in NCAA Division I volleyball this season to reach the 500-kill plateau.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos was a force on the block as well tallying three solo blocks and two block assists to lead the Golden Eagles. She entered the match with just two solo blocks for the season.
- ORU started the match scoring the opening four points and held an early lead through set one before the Pioneers took the lead and never relented.
- Lucija Bojanjac tallied 23 set assists for the Golden Eagles.
- Taylan Nero posted ORU's highest hitting percentage connecting for five kills on 11 swings for a .455 clip.
- Tori Roe led the team with 11 digs in the match as the libero reached double-figure digs for the 17th time this season.
- The Golden Eagles were held to a .054 hitting percentage for the match and did not hit above .100 in any of the three sets.
- Nola Basey and Kayla Principato led the Pioneers offensively with eight kills each.
ORU quickly has a chance to get back on track heading to Omaha for a conference match Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. Live video and stats are available courtesy of Omaha athletics at www.omavs.com.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.