Score: ORU 0 – South Dakota 3
Records: ORU (12-11, 4-5 SL) – USD (19-4, 8-1 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team dropped a three-set match to The Summit League-leading South Dakota Friday night at the Aerobics Center (17-25, 17-25, 21-25).
Despite hitting .260 for the match, the Golden Eagles could not overcome their 12 serving errors and 12 services aces by the Coyotes in the three-set defeat falling to 4-5 in league play. USD improved to a conference-best 8-1 in league play.
Inside the Box Score
- Laura Milos was the only ORU player to reach double-digit kills as the junior tallied a match-high 16 with just four errors.
- Golden Eagles' setter, Lucija Bojanjac, recorded 31 set assists to pace all players and posted her 14th match of the season with at least 30 assists.
- Taylan Nero had a near-perfect night for ORU dropping six kills on seven attempts for an incredible .857 hitting percentage.
- Tori Roe paced the defense with nine digs as the team failed to have anyone in double figures for just the fifth time this season.
- ORU held a 6-3 edge early in the third set and held the lead through most of the set until USD rallied by scoring nine of the final 11 points to close the victory.
- Rachel Schmidt led the Coyotes with 16 kills on 28 swings, while defending conference setter of the year, Brittany Jessen, added 26 assists.
ORU looks to quickly bounce back from the loss hosting another team battling for postseason positioning in North Dakota State Saturday night at the Aerobics Center. The match is scheduled for 7 p.m. with live stats and video available at www.oruathletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.