Score: ORU 1 – IUPUI 3
Records: ORU (11-10, 3-4 SL) – IUPUI (8-14, 4-3 SL)
Location: The Jungle (Indianapolis, Ind.)
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team fell behind early and could not overcome the deficit falling to IUPUI in four sets Friday night in The Summit League action at The Jungle (20-25, 25-27, 25-13, 23-25).
Laura Milos tallied a match-high 27 kills and Lucija Bojanjac recorded 42 set assists, but the Golden Eagles could not slow down the Jaguars' attack enough to secure the road victory. After dropping the opening two sets, ORU climbed back into the match with a convincing 25-13 win in set three and held a late lead in the fourth before falling for the first time in its last four outings.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU ended the match scoring more total points than IUPUI by a 93-90 margin thanks to a lopsided third set.
- Bojanjac reached the 40-set plateau for the sixth time this season totaling 42 for the night.
- Tori Roe's 19 digs paced the Golden Eagles and was her fourth-best single-game performance of 2016.
- Milos dropped 20 or more kills for the 11th time this season (27) turning in her third-highest total this year and added three aces to her already NCAA-leading total.
- Shelby Cox continued her streak of reaching double figures in kills tallying 12 in the match hitting the mark for the 11th time in her last 12 matches.
- IUPUI's Gabby Fisher paced three players in double figures ending with 23 for the Jags.
ORU goes for the split in the road trip to Indiana Saturday night at Fort Wayne for a 6 p.m. contest.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.