Score: ORU 3 – South Dakota State 0
Records: ORU (10-9, 2-3 SL) – SDSU (2-15, 1-4 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team shut down South Dakota State in a 3-0 sweep Sunday afternoon in The Summit League action at the Aerobics Center (25-15, 25-16, 25-22).
Inside the Box Score
- ORU's offense tallied its third-best hitting percentage of the season at .318 aided by a .406 effort in the second set with 16 kills and just three errors.
- Setter Bria Bergman ended with a match-high 22 set assists, one shy of her career best, and reached 20 or more assists for the third time in her career.
- Freshman Brianna Greenlee had an efficient afternoon posting six kills on nine swings with one error for a team-leading .556 hitting percentage.
- The Golden Eagles' defense limited SDSU to a .094 hitting percentage for the match, the fifth time they have held an opponent to a percentage lower than .100.
- Libero Tori Roe recorded her 12th match this season with double-digit digs and hit the mark for the 10th time in her last 12 appearances.
- Sunday marked ORU's seventh sweep in 10 wins this season and third in four matches at home in 2016.
- Makenzie Hennen paced the SDSU offense with 10 kills on 27 swings and Ellie Benson added a match-high 13 digs.
ORU closes its recent homestand Tuesday night hosting perennial power and conference preseason favorite Denver at the Aerobics Center for a 7 p.m. start.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.