Score: South Dakota 3 – Oral Roberts 0
Records: USD (13-2, 2-0 SL) – ORU (8-8, 0-2 SL)
Location: Vermillion, S.D.
VERMILLION, S.D. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team gave up big runs in each of the three sets and made too many unforced errors as they fell to Summit League leading South Dakota 3-0 Sunday afternoon.
ORU had 17 attack errors and seven service errors in the loss. Laura Milos led the way but had just 11 kills, her second fewest of the season. Shelby Cox had seven kills and Taylan Nero had the best offensive effort with five kills and no errors on 12 attempts. Tori Roe had 12 digs, while Maggie DiPronio added 10 digs.
For South Dakota, Audrey Reeg had 14 kills while Rachel Schmidt added 13. Lauren Mattison had 14 digs to lead the Coyotes.
Inside the Box Score
- Taylan Nero had five kills and no errors in the match. She posted 13 kills in two matches over the weekend.
- ORU hit just .156 for the match, the fourth lowest percentage of the season.
- The 3-0 loss marked just the third time this season in which ORU has been swept and the first since the second match of the season.
- The two teams traded runs in the second set. ORU trailed 14-7 but used a 6-1 run to get back into the set and cause USD to use a timeout. Out of the break, the Coyotes scored the first six points to get the distance back.
- ORU came out hot in the third set and took their largest lead of the match with a 6-1 start, but could not hold on to the lead.
ORU will start a much-needed stretch of four straight home games as they host Omaha on Sunday, October 2 at 1:30 p.m. inside the Aerobics Center. ORU has played just one home game this season, a 3-0 sweep of Arkansas.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row Appat ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.