Score: Oral Roberts 3 - Arkansas 0
Records: ORU (8-6) - UA (2-10)
Location: Aerobic Center - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Oral Roberts picked up a three-set sweep in its final non-conference tuneup over Arkansas in its home opener at the Aerobic Center Tuesday night in front of 1,272 fans.
It took thirteen matches to finally come home, but the Golden Eagles (8-6) did not disappoint the raucous crowd as they pushed past a high-flying Arkansas team. The Razorbacks came back to tie the match three times in the final five points of the third set, but the Golden Eagles pushed past the visitors to secure the win.
The two squads traded points in the last five possessions, but Arkansas (2-10) was hit with two attacking errors from Savannah Voelzke to win it.
Service aces were once again a major factor in the match, as they have been all season long for the home squad. ORU finished with eight on the night compared to UA's two. Milos led the team with four of her own.
Inside the Box Score
- Laura Milos led all players with 23 kills and a .327 attacking percentage.
- ORU finished with eight aces while Arkansas had two.
- The sweep marks the fifth of the season for the Golden Eagles.
- The win over Arkansas is the second in-a-row after the Golden Eagles defeated the Razorbacks in 2014 in the Aerobic Center.
- ORU closes the gap in the all-time series with the Razorbacks to 8-11.
- The announced attendance of 1,272 breaks the record in the Aerobic Center.
The Golden Eagles will kick off Summit League action this weekend when they travel to Fargo to face North Dakota State before wrapping up the weekend at South Dakota.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row Appat ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.