ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts outside hitter Laura Milos was named Summit League Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week and Denver middle blocker Ruth Okoye garnered the league's Defensive Player of the Week award for their performances, Sept. 6-12.
LAURA MILOS, ORAL ROBERTS
Jr. // OH // Porec, Croatia
- Earned her seventh career weekly offensive award, moving into a tie for 3rd all-time in league annals
- Averaged 6.36 kills per set over four matches while totaling 70 during the weekend
- Recorded 21 service aces, outpacing ORU opponents which totaled 13, over four matches
- Hit .407 during the week and led ORU to a 4-0 weekend record
Also nominated: Ruth Okoye, Denver; Natalie Seiler, Fort Wayne; Kori Waelbroeck, IUPUI; Emily Miron, North Dakota State; Mackenzie Horkey, Omaha; Brittany Jessen, South Dakota; Ashley Beaner, South Dakota State; Shalyn Greenhaw, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Aug. 29 – Brittany Jessen, South Dakota
RUTH OKOYE, DENVER
Sr. // MB // Aurora, Colo.
- Received first career Player of the Week honor after averaging 2.18 blocks per set
- Set a career-high with 11 total blocks, including two solo, in Denver's victory over No. 20 Loyola Marymount
- Totaled eight block assists in sweep of Montana State and had five in four sets against Utah State
- Helped Denver outblock its opponents 44-18 and hold opposition to a .158 hitting percentage during weekend
Also nominated: Olivia Hahn, Fort Wayne; Gabby Fisher, IUPUI; Ashley Smith, Omaha; Shelby Cox, Oral Roberts; Lauren Mattison, South Dakota; Sierra Peterson, South Dakota State; Lexi Kolschefski, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Aug. 29 – Olivia Hahn, Fort Wayne
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.