Score: Oral Roberts 3 – IPFW 1 (25-21, 25-22, 22-25 25-14)
Records: Oral Roberts (13-11, 7-4); IPFW (6-20, 3-7)
Location: Fort Wayne, Ind. – Gates Center
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – An impressive offensive night from the Oral Roberts volleyball team helped the Golden Eagles to a 3-1 road win over IPFW Friday night.
The Golden Eagle offense got impressive offensive numbers from Laura Milos, Lucija Bojanjac and Karyn Chrisman as the team hit .398 in the four set win. The hitting percentage was the highest for the Golden Eagles this season and the first time over the .300 mark since hitting .320 against Tennessee State on August 29.
Milos posted an impressive 28 kills as she tallied her sixth straight 20 plus kill match along with her second highest hitting percentage of the year at .440.
Bojanjac helped pace the offense tallying 54 assists while Chrisman added 14 kills. Adding to the efficiency for ORU was Shelby Cox with a .615 hitting percentage, and Jovana Poljasevic and Sadie Schaffner who each hit over .400 in the win.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos posted a match-high 28 kills with a .440 hitting percentage while Lucija Bojanjac added 54 assists.
IPFW: Nicole Rightnowar finished with 19 kills while Somer Johnson added 11 kills.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU posted a season-high .398 hitting percentage and finished over the .300 mark for just the third time this season.
- The Golden Eagles also recorded a season-high 66 kills tying a mark set earlier this year in a five-set win at South Dakota State on September 26.
- The offense for ORU also tied a season-high with 65 assists, also set at South Dakota State on September 26.
- Milos has tallied 20 or more assists for the 16th time this season and sixth consecutive match.
- Milos also moved into 11th on the ORU career kills list and is just two away from 10th, held by Sandra Paula Theis with 981.
- Milos also has moved atop the ORU career kills per set list averaging 4.73 kills per set, surpassing Ori Zuzic who averaged 4.68 kills per set from 2003-2006.
- Bojanjac moved into 6th on the ORU career assists list as she has tallied 2,317 assists.
- Chrisman has now tallied three consecutive matches with at least 10 kills.
ORU continues its Indiana swing as the Golden Eagles head to IUPUI Sunday against the league leading Jaguars. First serve is set for 12 p.m. (CST).
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.