Score: Omaha 3 – Oral Roberts 0 (25-21, 25-21, 25-21)
Records: Omaha (9-8, 4-0); Oral Roberts (10-8, 4-1)
Location: Tulsa, Okla. – Aerobics Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team saw its five match win streak come to an end Friday night falling to Omaha, 3-0, in Summit League action.
The Golden Eagles and Mavericks battled back and forth in the three set match, but ORU was unable to overcome errors in a 25-21, 25-21, 25-21 loss. Omaha earns a slight edge in the conference standings improving to 4-0 as ORU falls to 4-1.
Laura Milos and Shelby Cox paced the Golden Eagles offensively with 12 kills each while Lucija Bojanjac added 30 assists and 17 digs. Cox finished with a .450 hitting percentage while Milos added four service aces.
However as a team ORU finished with 21 attack errors and 10 service errors and posted a .125 hitting percentage. Both teams struggled early but ORU finished with a .027 hitting percentage in the first set while Omaha hit .273 and closed the match with a .417 hitting percentage.
The Mavericks were led by Amy Taylor who finished with nine kills and a .412 hitting percentage. Sydney O'Shaughnessy added 26 assists for Omaha.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos finished with 12 kills while Shelby Cox added 12 kills as well and posted a .450 hitting percentage.
Omaha: Amy Taylor led Omaha with nine kills and a.412 hitting percentage. Michaela Schimmer added five blocks and the defensive side of the net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- In the first set, ORU battled back from a 7-4 deficit and built a 10-7 lead. However Omaha answered with a 5-2 run to tie the match at 16-16 before earning the final four points of the match for the win.
- Omaha used a late rally in the second set after ORU tied the match at 17-17. The Mavericks went on a 6-2 run before a service error by the Golden Eagles gave UNO a 25-21 win in the set.
- The final set saw ORU rally back with a 5-2 run and help from a pair of service aces from Laura Milos. UNO would score four of the final five points in the match to close out the win.
- Laura Milos ended a streak of 20 or more kills but added to her streak of double digit kills with 12 now in seven straight matches.
- Shelby Cox finished with 12 kills, her second highest total of the season since posting 13 against South Dakota State.
- Cox also posted her sixth match of the season with a hitting percentage over .400 as she finished at .450.
- The Golden Eagles hit .125 as a team marking the first time they've finished below .200 since their win streak started. It was also the lowest of the season since a .108 hitting percentage at UNLV.
- Lucija Bojanjac posted her team best eighth double-double of the season.
- ORU still leads the series with Omaha 5-2.
The Golden Eagles travel to South Dakota Sunday to start a short two-match road trip. First serve is scheduled for noon.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.