Score: Oral Roberts 3 – South Dakota State 2 (19-25, 26-24, 23-25, 25-20, 15-10)
Records: Oral Roberts (8-7, 2-0); South Dakota State (1-17, 0-2)
Location: Frost Arena – Brookings, S.D.
BROOKINGS, S.D. – It took all five sets Saturday night but the Oral Roberts University volleyball team rallied back to knock off South Dakota State, 3-2, inside Frost Arena in Summit League action.
The Golden Eagles fell behind early but rallied back for a 19-25, 26-24, 23-25, 25-20, 15-10 victory over the Jackrabbits to improve to 2-0 in Summit League play.
Lucija Bojanjac helped pace the ORU offense with a season-high 61 assists on a night that saw three Golden Eagles earn double-doubles. The sophomore setter added 14 digs in the comeback win, one shy of her career-high to post her sixth double-double of the year.
Laura Milos again paced the way with her third straight match with more than 20 kills as she finished with a match-high 21. Milos added 18 digs for her sixth double-double of the season as well.
Junior Nika Mostahinic recorded her second double-double of the season after posting a season-best 17 kills and 13 digs.
Oral Roberts: Lucija Bojanjac, Laura Milos and Nika Mostahinic all posted double-doubles for ORU as Bojanjac finished with 61 assists and14 digs. Milos tallied 21 kills and 18 digs while Mostahinic finished with 17 kills and 13 digs.
South Dakota State: Mikala Hora paced the Jackrabbits with 15 kills and 13 digs.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Saturday was the second five-set match of the season for ORU as they are now 2-0 in matches going five sets. ORU held off Marquette for a 3-2 win on Sept. 4 at Missouri State.
- ORU has won three straight against SDSU and hold a 9-4 record in the all-time series.
- Shelby Cox posted her fifth match of the season with a hitting percentage over .400 as she added 13 kills to equal her .407 hitting percentage.
- After falling behind in the match 2-1 the Golden Eagles rallied to take the fourth set and tie the match at 2-2. ORU took the momentum into the fifth set as they built a commanding 10-3 lead in the final set before holding off SDSU for the 15-10 win.
- Freshman Tori Roe recorded her second 20 dig effort of the season as ORU tallied a season-high 88 digs as a team.
- The 66 kills for ORU were the most this season topping the previous season-high by one. The Golden Eagles had recorded 65 kills against Marquette on Sept. 4.
The Golden Eagles return home for their 2015 Summit League home opener Friday against IUPUI at 7 p.m. ORU will close out their first home conference series Sunday against IPFW with a 1 p.m. first serve at the Aerobics Center.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.