Score: Portland St 3 – Oral Roberts 0 (25-21, 25-11, 25-16)
Records: Portland St (3-4); Oral Roberts (4-3)
Score: Oral Roberts 3, SE Louisiana 1 (25-21, 18-25, 25-10, 25-14)
Records: Oral Roberts (5-3); SE Louisiana (2-6)
Location: Cox Pavilion – Las Vegas, Nev.
LAS VEGAS – The Oral Roberts University volleyball team earned a split Friday at the Rebel Challenge hosted by UNLV. ORU fell 3-0 to Portland State before taking the nightcap, 3-1 over Southeastern Louisiana.
The Golden Eagles were unable to overcome errors in their first match falling 25-21, 25-11, 25-16 to Portland State. After battling back and forth in the first two sets, ORU dominated the final two sets against Southeastern Louisiana to close out a 25-21, 18-25, 25-10, 25-14 victory.
Shelby Cox led ORU in both matches with eight kills against PSU and 10 in the win over SELU while adding seven blocks on the defensive side of the net. Lucija Bojanjac earned a double-double in the final match of the day with 27 assists and 11 digs.
Oral Roberts: Lucija Bojanjac paced the offense for ORU with her third double-double of the season against SELU. She finished with 27 assists and 11 digs. Shelby Cox added eight and 10 kills in the two matches and posted a career-high seven blocks against SELU.
Portland State: Eva Linden finished with a match-high 12 kills and a .385 hitting percentage.
Southeastern Louisiana: Mikayla Shippy added 16 assists while Monica Ramon added 11 digs.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (Portland State)
- The Golden Eagles hit below the .100 mark for the first time since posting a .087 hitting percentage Sept. 29, 2014 at Denver. ORU also did not hit above .100 in any set recording only a positive hitting percentage (.083) in the third set.
- It was the second time this season ORU has been swept after a 3-0 loss to Ole Miss to open the season.
- Shelby Cox led ORU with eight kills as it was the first time since 9/29/14 at Denver last season no Golden Eagle recorded double figure kills.
- Lucija Bojanjac finished with 20 assists.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (Southeastern Louisiana)
- Shelby Cox recorded 10 kills to lead all players as the only Golden Eagle to tally double figure kills.
- Cox tied a career high seven block assists as ORU finished with 13 team blocks the highest total this season.
- The 13 team blocks were also the highest since ORU recorded 13 last year against former Southland foe Sam Houston State on September 12.
- Cox also led the way with a .353 hitting percentage.
- ORU finished with a .529 hitting percentage in the third set and .333 in the fourth to dominate the final two sets.
- Lucija Bojanjac recorded her third double-double of the season and 14th of her career.
The Golden Eagles finish action at the Rebel Challenge Saturday against host UNLV. First serve is schedule for 4 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.