Score: Ole Miss 3, Oral Roberts 0 (25-19, 25-22, 25-14)
Records: Ole Miss 1-0; Oral Roberts 0-1
Location: Gillom Sports Center – Oxford, Miss.
OXFORD, Miss. – The Oral Roberts University volleyball fell in the season opener, 3-0, to Ole Miss Friday evening to kick-off the Magnolia Invitational.
Laura Milos picked up where she left off last season leading the match with 13 kills and 10 digs for a double-double. Lucija Bojanjac was also solid on the offensive side of the net finishing with 31 assists.
The second set came down to the final point as Laura Milos gave ORU a 22-21 lead and again at 23-22. However, the Rebels got back-to-back kills from Kate Gibson and Ty Laporte to finish off the Golden Eagles and take a 2-0 lead in the match.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos posted a match-high 13 kills and 10 digs for her first double-double of the year. Lucija Bojanjac added 31 assists while Shelby Cox added eight kills and a .385 hitting percentage.
Ole Miss: Nakeyta Clair finished with 12 kills and a .579 hitting percentage to pace the Rebels. Lexi Thompson added 10 kills while Aubrey Edie recorded 39 assists.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU hit .150 in the final match while Ole Miss hit at a .542 clip. Overall the Golden Eagles hit .253 as the Rebels finished with a .354 hitting percentage in the match.
- Laura Milos posted her ninth double-double of her career after recording eight in her freshman season.
- It was the 11th straight match dating back to last season Milos finished with double digit kills.
- Nika Mostahinic added seven kills with a .294 hitting percentage.
NEWS AND NOTES
- The all-time series with Ole Miss and ORU is now tied at 1-1.
- Last season ORU lost their season opening match against Nevada before winning the final two matches of the ASICS Classic against South Alabama and Pepperdine.
The Golden Eagles have a quick turnaround as the continue action at the Magnolia Invitational Saturday at 9 a.m. against Northwestern State. ORU will close out tournament action at 4 p.m. against Tennessee State.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.