Score: Oral Roberts 0– South Dakota State
Record: ORU (7-9-1) (4-2) - SDSU (9-4-3) (5-0)
Location: Case Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team had seven shots on goal against Summit League frontrunner South Dakota State, but fell to the Jackrabbits 2-0 Sunday afternoon at the Case Soccer Complex.
South Dakota State took a 1-0 lead in the 27th minute when Kyli Nelson scored an unassisted goal from the center of the field, 20 yards out. Nelson had one shot on goal during the match.
In the second half, Leah Manuleleua put the Jackrabbits up 2-0 in the 82nd minunte when she put the back in to the back of the net from one yard out off of a Bianca Madonia assist.
Inside the Box Score
- South Dakota State out-shot ORU 13-11 in the match. The Golden Eagles had seven shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played all 90 minutes in today's match and recorded four saves.
- Between the two teams there were eight fouls. The Jackrabbits had six shots on goal and seven saves.
- ORU took two corner kicks in today's match, while South Dakota State took three.
- The Golden Eagles are now tied for third place in the Summit League standings with Denver. ORU defeated Denver 2-1 in overtime at home on October 12.
The Golden Eagles will complete the regular season with a trip to Fort Wayne, Indiana, to take on the Fort Wayne Mastodons Sunday, October 29 at 12 p.m. CST.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.