Score: Oral Roberts 2 – Denver 1
Record: ORU (6-8-1) (3-1) - Denver (6-8-1) (2-2)
Location: Case Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
TULSA, Okla. – Jordan Langebartels finished off a golden goal for the Oral Roberts women's soccer team, Thursday night as the Golden Eagles beat Denver 2-1 in overtime at the Case Soccer Complex.
After falling behind early on a Denver goal in the 13th minute, ORU responded and tied the match in the 30th minute before winning it in the extra period.
Inside the Box Score
- Meg Halvorson started the scoring in the 13th minute with a shot from 25-yards out to put Denver up 1-0.
- Neither team was able to net a goal in the second half and it took 4:12 into the overtime period before Langebartels slipped behind the defense on a free kick and went far post to beat the keeper.
- ORU had just one shot on goal in the first half, scoring the equalizer on that shot from Hanslovan.
- The Golden Eagles needed extra time for the third match in a row and the fourth time this season. ORU is 2-1-1 in overtime matches this season.
- Denver out-shot ORU 11-9, while both teams had a pair of corner kicks.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl had six saves on the night, including four in the first half.
- ORU took three corner kicks in today's match while South Dakota had one.
The ORU women's team will face league opponent Omaha Friday, October 20 inside the Case Soccer Complex. First touch is set for 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.