TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team will play its second home game of the weekend against Loyola-Chicago Sunday, August 20 at the Case Soccer Complex. First touch is set for 1 p.m.
The match will be streamed free through the ORU Sports Network, and will also be streamed free through Facebook Live on the ORU Athletics page.
- ORU opened the 2017 season with a 2-1 victory over the UMKC Kangaroos on August 18.
- The Golden Eagles were picked to finish fourth in The Summit League preseason coaches' poll, but received the most first place votes of any team.
- ORU returns Summit League Offensive Player of the Year Lexi Jones, who led the team with 11 goals last season. Jones was also named to the Summit League All-League First Team for her efforts during the season.
- Also returning from last year's team is All-Freshmen selections Nelly Mamabolo and Brooklyn Eardley. Mamabolo started in 18 games last season. Eardley also started in 18 games last season and recorded two assists.
- Paige Vincent played all 90 minutes as goalkeeper in the Golden Eagles season opener and recorded a total of 12 saves.
- As a newcomer, in her first game as a Golden Eagle, freshman Shayla Padilla scored her first career goal against UMKC and tallied one assist.
- The Golden Eagles look to continue their eight game unbeaten streak.
- Last season, Loyola went 5-11-3 overall and 2-4 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- The Ramblers opened their season at Oklahoma State on August 18 and fell to the Cowgirls 2-0.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.