Score: Oral Roberts 7 – Fort Wayne 1
Records: ORU (6-9-1) - FW (3-11-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team handled Fort Wayne Friday evening at the Case Soccer Complex 7-1.
Lexi Jones scored first for the Golden Eagles when she received a pass from the right side inthe box and scored to the left side of the net at the 14 minute mark. Sierra Beall was credited with the assist.
Lexi Jones scored her third goal of the match and put the Golden Eagles up 3-0 at the 24 minute mark when she was fouled inside the box and made the penalty kick. This goal was Jones' seventh goal of the season.
In the second half Amanda Dial scored her first goal of the season that put the Golden Eagles up 4-0 at the 50 minute mark when she dribbled in to the middle of the box and scored. Her goal was unassisted.
Fort Wayne made the score 5-1 at the 53 minute mark when Gabbie Mann scored an unassisted goal after she received the ball from a turnover and connected from the left side.
The Golden Eagles did not stop there. Tahlor Lyman scored off of a clearance from Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl when she dribbled and scored at the 77 minute mark to put ORU up 6-1. It was her first goal of the season. Bohnenstiehl was credited with an assist.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Fort Wayne 37-5 in the match. The Golden Eagles had 14 shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played 78 minutes for the Golden Eagles and recorded three saves. Paige Vincent played the remainder of the game.
- Lexi Jones took six shots with four shots on goal and scored three goals in the match.
- Chloe Basnett took six shots in the match and three were on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl, Brooklyn Eardley, Brittney Lawrence, Sierra Beall and Kylie Dellis each recorded one assist in the match.
- Amanda Dial, Caroline Frank, Sierra Beall and Tahlor Lyman each scored one goal throughout the match.
- Tahlor Lyman and Kelli Keller each recorded taking four shots in the game.
- Megan Guico, Caitlyn Hanslovan, Kylie Dellis, Jordan Langebartels, Caroline Frank and Mariah Morgan each recorded taking one shot throughout the night.
- Maria Stordahl tallied two shots throughout the game.
- A physical game allowed 16 fouls between the two teams. ORU and Fort Wayne each had eight.
The Golden Eagles will play again on Sunday, October 16 at home against league opponent IUPUI. The match is set to begin at 1 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.