Score: Missouri-Kansas City 4 – Oral Roberts 0
Records: UMKC (3-6-2) - ORU (5-6-1)
Location: Durwood Soccer Stadium – Kansas City, Missouri
KANSAS CITY, Missouri – The ORU women's soccer team lost its last non-league game of the season at UMKC 4-0 Sunday afternoon.
Kelsey Mothershead scored first for UMKC when she connected with the back of the net off of an assist by Reighan Childers.
The Roos added another goal making the score 2-0 at the 22 minute mark when Sydni Young scored an unassisted goal from inside the six yard box.
Kelsey Mothershead scored her second goal of the game at the 68 minute mark when she shot the ball passed the keeper from 10 yards out putting the Roos up 3-0. Her goal was assisted by Sammi Arch.
UMKC made the score 4-0 at the 74 minute mark when Kelsey Mothershead scored her third goal of the game. Her goal was unassisted.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU was out-shot by UMKC 12-6 in the match.
- Paige Vincent played all 90 minutes for the Golden Eagles and recorded two saves.
- Brooklyn Eardley, Amanda Dial, Tahlor Lyman, Chablee Sanders, Lexi Jones and Chloe Basnett all took one shot each in the match.
- The Golden Eagles took a total of two corner kicks in today's game.
- A physical game allowed 27 fouls between the two teams. ORU had nine fouls compared to UMKC's 18.
The Golden Eagles will play again on Sunday, October 2 when they open up league play against North Dakota State. The match is set to begin at 1 p.m. at the Case Soccer Complex
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.