Score: Oral Roberts 1 – Kansas State 1
Records: ORU (5-5-1) - KSU (2-5-3)
Location: K-State Soccer Complex – Manhattan, Kansas
MANHATTAN, Kansas – The ORU women's soccer team tied Kansas State 1-1 in double overtime Friday evening in Manhattan, Kansas.
A defensive battle between the two teams kept the game tied 0-0 in the first half. The Golden Eagles went in to halftime have taken nine shots and kept the Wildcats to six shots.
Kansas State's Laramie Hall scored the first goal of the match putting the Wildcats up 1-0 at the 57 minute mark when she deflected the ball in to the net inside the six yard box off of a cross from Tatum Wagner.
The Golden Eagles came back to tie the game 1-1 with three minutes remaining in the second half when Alexia Herrera scored her third goal of the season from 12 yards out off of a pass from Mariah Morgan.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU took 23 shots on the night with 11 of those being on goal compared to the Wildcats' 15 shots and nine shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played all 110 minutes for the Golden Eagles and made seven saves.
- Alexia Herrera had three shots total with two on goal and scored one goal. It was her third goal scored of the season.
- Lexi Jones and Tahlor Lyman each took five shots and two shots on goal throughout the match.
- The Golden Eagles took a total of two corner kicks in tonight's game.
- Mariah Morgan took one shot on goal and was credited with her third assist of the season in tonight's match.
- Kansas State's Laramie Hall was assessed a yellow card in the second overtime period.
The Golden Eagles will play again on Sunday, September 25 at UMKC. The match is set to begin at 1 p.m. This will be the seventh all-time meeting between the two programs.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.