TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team will play two games on the road this weekend. The Golden Eagles will play Friday, September 23 Kansas State. First touch is set for 7 p.m. in Manhattan, Kansas.
The team will play its second game of the weekend on Sunday, September 25 at UMKC. The match is set for 1 p.m. in Kansas City, Missouri.
- ORU enters the weekend with a 5-5 record. The team played at Tulsa and was defeated 3-0 on September 16. The Golden Eagles then played at home against Texas Southern and won 7-0 on September 18.
- ORU's Lexi Jones has recorded four goals for the season. Chloe Basnett leads the team in assists with three. Brittney Lawrence has taken 30 shots on the season with 19 being on goal.
- The Golden Eagles defense allowed only five shots against Texas Southern and only two shots on goal. The offense took a total of 42 shots against the Tigers with 22 of those shots being on goal.
- The Golden Eagles are averaging 16 shots per game and allowing their opponents to average 10 shots per game.
- Kansas State is currently 2-5-2. On September 16 the Wildcats lost to Northern Iowa 2-1 at home. This is the first time ORU and Kansas State will have played each other. This is also the first year for Kansas State to have a women's soccer program. Kansas State women's soccer is a member of the Big 12 Conference.
- UMKC is currently 2-6-2. On September 18, the Roos played at South Dakota and won 2-1. The team then played at home against Drake and lost a close game 2-1 on September 25. This will be the seventh meeting between ORU and UMKC. The last meeting between the two teams ended in a 1-1 tie.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.