TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team will play two games this weekend. The Golden Eagles will play Friday, September 16 in the Spectrum Cup at the University of Tulsa. First touch is set for 5:30 p.m. at the Hurricane Soccer Stadium.
The team will play its second game of the weekend on Sunday, September 18 at home against Texas Southern. The match is set for 1 p.m. at the Case Soccer Complex.
- ORU enters the weekend with a 4-4 record. The team traveled to Lubbock, Texas and was defeated by No. 22 Texas Tech 1-0 on September 9. The Golden Eagles then went to Ft. Worth, Texas and lost a close game to TCU 1-0 on September 11.
- ORU's Lexi Jones and Caitlyn Hanslovan have each recorded two goals for the season. Mariah Morgan and Brittney Lawrence lead the team in assists with two apiece. Lawrence has taken 19 shots on the season with 12 being on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played all 90 minutes in both games this past weekend and recorded 13 saves. She now has 28 saves for the season.
- The Golden Eagles are averaging 14 shots per game and allowing their opponents to average 10 shots per game.
- Tulsa is currently 3-4-1. On September 9 the Golden Hurricane lost to Oklahoma 3-2 in overtime at home. The team lost its second game of the weekend 3-2 at home against Rice on September 11. In last year's meeting ORU lost to Tulsa 2-1 at home. This will be the 25th all-time meeting between the two teams.
- Texas Southern is currently 2-4. On September 9, the Tigers played at North Texas and were defeated 7-1. The team then played at home against Hutson-Tillotson and lost a close game in overtime 3-2 on September 12. This will be the first meeting between ORU and Texas Southern. Texas Southern is a member of the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.