Score: Oral Roberts 3 - Mississippi Valley State 0
Records: ORU (1-0-0), MVSU (0-1-0)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - The Oral Roberts women's soccer team opened the regular season with a 3-0 shutout over Mississippi Valley State Friday night at the Case Soccer Complex. The team put up aggressive attacking numbers, taking 26 shots during the match while holding MVSU to just two on the night.
Hansloven, a sophomore, put in the first goal of the match in the 40th minute after a nice pass from Lexi Jones to send ORU to the break on top.
Just six minutes into the second half the Golden Eagles struck again, this time on a goal by Beall who finished a ball in front of the net for her first career point off the Hanslovan assist. Maria Stordahl closed things off for ORU in the 78th minute as she put a ball in the back of the net off a helper by Kayla Keller.
Hansolvan put a ball in the net in the 40th minute in the first half for the go-ahead goal.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU took 26 shots on the night while the Golden Eagles defense held MVSU to just two attempts on net.
- Caroline Frank made her first career start for ORU.
- Maddie Rhodes and Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl combined for the shutout in net. Bohnenstiehl recorded one save on the night.
- Kayla Keller attempted five shots with four on net. She also assisted on the final goal of the contest.
- The first two goals were scored by a freshman and a sophomore.
- MVSU's Rita Gyasi recorded 11 saves for the Devilettes, seeing 26 shots on the night.
ORU will continue play at the Case Soccer Complex next Friday when they host Arkansas-Pine Bluff at 7 p.m.
For more information and updates about ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.