TULSA, Okla. – ORU women's golf coach Lance Watson has announced the signing of four new golfers for the 2018-19 season as Sarah Bell, Rachel Dupree, Megan Lee and Isabella Caamal-Solis all signed National Letters of Intent to join the Golden Eagles.
Sarah Bell // 5-7 // Jackson, Mo. // Notre Dame High School
- Two-time high school girls golf champion
- Holed out on her final hole at the state championship in 2017
- Four time All-State selection
- Ranked 108 in the nation according to Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Daughter of Robin Bell and Troy Bell
Bell on why she chose ORU
"I chose ORU for the Christian atmosphere, the good golf team and the academics. Also, my family are graduates of ORU."
Rachel Dupree // 5-6 // Shreveport, La. // Captain Shreve HS
- Named a distinguished scholar 2014-2017 and won the HOBY scholarship in 2016
- Named second team All-State in 2015
- Shot under par in the second round of the 2017 state tournament
- Ranked 170th according to Junior Golf Scoreboard
- Daughter of Dr. Jason Dupree and Lisa Dupree
Dupree on why she chose ORU
"When I visited ORU I loved the campus, coaches and people."
Megan Lee // Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Considered one of the top amateur golfers in Malaysia
- Attends Calvary Church with Senior Pastor Dr. Prince Guneratnam
- Won the 2017 SportExcel Junior Tour First League with a 71
- Finished third in the MyFuture Tour Junior Tournament in 2017
Lee on why she chose ORU
"I chose ORU because they have an excellent educational background and uphold Christian values."
Isabella Caamal-Solis // 5-4 // Merida, Yucatan, Mexico // Colegio Merida
- Won the silver medal at the Mexican Olympics, earning the first Olympic medal for Yucatan
- Spend two consecutive years ranked number one in the nation
- Earned the State Sports Merit medal
- Won the U.S. Kids Cancun challenge and was runner-up at the Celaya National Tournament
- Ranked 128th in the nation according to College Golf Scoreboard
- Daughter of Jorge Caamal Burgos and Martha Solis Coella
Caamal-Solis on why she chose ORU
"ORU is a great community, where people help each other when they struggle."
For the latest information on ORU athletics, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the Golden Eagles by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store.
--- #ORURiseUp ---