Game 31 – Summit League Championship Semifinals
No. 4 Oral Roberts (18-12, 10-6) vs. No. 1 South Dakota State (24-6, 15-1)
Date/Time: Monday, March 11, 2019 / 12 p.m.
Live Stats: vs. South Dakota State
Location: Sioux Falls, S.D. (Denny Sanford PREMIER Center)
TULSA, Okla. – After winning in Sunday's quarterfinal game, the No. 4 Oral Roberts Golden Eagles will compete in the semifinal round of the Summit League Championship and will face No. 1 South Dakota State Monday, March 11 at 12 p.m. inside the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
About the Opponent
- South Dakota State finished the regular season 24-6 overall and 15-1 in league play. The Jackrabbits claimed the No. 1 seed for the second consecutive season.
- The Jackrabbits are coming off an 88-50 win over Purdue Fort Wayne in the quarterfinal round on March 9.
- Summit League Player of the Year, Macy Miller, earned the second straight prestigious award honor for her efforts which landed her a spot on the All-League First Team along with teammate Madison Guebert. Tagyn Larson was named to the second team and Myah Selland earned honorable mention. Paiton Burckhard was named to All-Summit League Newcomer Team.
- ORU will face South Dakota State for the 22nd all-time meeting between the two programs and the third time this season.
- The Golden Eagles are coming off a 68-64 win over Western Illinois in the quarterfinal round of the Summit League Championship on March 10.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the team its first win over South Dakota State since the 2010-11 season.
- The Golden Eagles went 0-2 against the Jackrabbits during the regular season with a 68-55 road loss on January 12 and a 74-65 home loss on February 2.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the All-Summit League Second Team for her efforts during the season. Mayberry currently averages 14.3 points per game which makes her ninth in the Summit League. She also ranks fourth in three-point field goal percentage.
- Lakota Beatty earned a spot on the All-Summit League First Team. Beatty averages 15.4 points per game. She is sixth in in the Summit League in points per game and 14th in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.4 points per game and is currently third in the Summit League in overall free throws made and is 37th in the nation. Lippe earned her first career player of the week honor for her efforts in week 12.
- As a whole, ORU is sixth in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 109-105 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. The Golden Eagles finished the season tied for third with Denver. Due to tiebreaker procedures ORU drew the No. 4 seed in the tournament seeding selection.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.