Oral Roberts (16-12, 9-6) vs. Omaha (8-19, 2-12)
Date/Time: Thursday, February 28, 2019 / 5 p.m.
TV/Video/Audio: ORU Sports Network
Live Stats: vs. Omaha
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Mabee Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team wraps up the 2018-19 regular season with a matchup against Omaha Thursday, February 28 at 5 p.m. inside the Mabee Center.
The Golden Eagles will recognize seniors Lakota Beatty and Jordan Gilbert following the conclusion of the game. The ORU men will conclude their regular season with a matchup against Omaha following the women's game. Tipoff for the men's game is set for 7:30 p.m.
About the Opponent
- Omaha is currently 8-19 on the season and 2-12 in Summit League play. Last season, the Mavericks finished sixth in the final league standings. The Golden Eagles defeated the Mavericks on December 30, 2018, 71-56, in Omaha, Nebraska.
- The Mavericks are coming off a 55-48 road loss at North Dakota State, on February 23.
- Omaha returned one starter from last season and seven newcomers.
- ORU will face Omaha for the 12th all-time meeting between the two programs and the second time this season.
- The Golden Eagles won their most recent Summit League game, 92-85, on the road at Western Illinois on February 23.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would guarantee the team is at least tied for third place in the final Summit League standings.
- ORU set a program record scoring 20 three-point basketball in the game at Western Illinois.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 14.2 points per game which makes her ninth in the Summit League.
- Lakota Beatty averages 15.3 points per game. Beatty is sixth in in the Summit League in points per game and ninth in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.4 points per game and is currently second in the Summit League in overall free throws made and is 34th in the nation. Lippe earned her first career player of the week honor for her efforts in week 12.
- As a whole, ORU is sixth in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 107-105 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.