Score: Oral Roberts 80 – North Dakota 58
Records: ORU (15-12) (8-6); NDSU (10-16) (5-8)
Location: Engelstad Center – Grand Forks, N.D.
GRAND FORKS, N.D. – Redshirt senior guard Lakota Beatty scored a career high 35 points off of 60 percent shooting in the Oral Roberts women's basketball team's 80-58 win at North Dakota Saturday afternoon in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
The Golden Eagles won the opening tip Saturday afternoon in Grand Forks, North Dakota, taking an early 12-5 lead before the Fighting Hawks called a timeout. Defensively, ORU stood strong and took two offensive charges on North Dakota in the opening possessions. The Golden Eagles had their worst quarter shooting at 37 percent and led 16-12 after the first 10 minutes. The second quarter saw the Golden Eagles shoot 67 percent from the field and 50 percent from three as ORU won the quarter 22-16 and took a 38-28 lead in to halftime.
In the second half, Lakota Beatty opened the third quarter going 3-for-3 from three-point range eventually going 5-for-6 in the second half. ORU went up by 20 in the third quarter before North Dakota cut the deficit to 15 to end the third. The Golden Eagles shot 59 percent from the field in the second half. ORU took its largest lead of the game in the fourth quarter by 22 with 5:29 to play. The 22 point lead was regained with 1:09 to go and kept by ORU for the 80-58 advantage.
Beatty shot 60 percent from the field going 14-for-20 on the day overall. She shot 6-for-8 from three-point range as well. Maya Mayberry went 5-for-9 overall for her second consecutive 14 point game. ORU out-scored North Dakota in all four quarters and shot 54 percent or better in the second, third and fourth periods. The Golden Eagles shot 67 percent from the field in the second quarter. As a team, ORU went 9-for-21 from long range.
Senior forward Lexi Klabo scored 24 points for the Fighting Hawks in Saturday's game. Klabo went 8-for-17 overall and 8-for-10 from the free throw line. She also led the team with nine rebounds. North Dakota shot 37.3 percent overall in the game and 20 percent (3-for-15) from the three-point line. The Fighting Hawks never led in the game as ORU led for 38:18 and the score was tied once.
Oral Roberts: Beatty scored a career high 35 points and Sarah Garvie led the team with seven boards.
North Dakota: Klabo led the Fighting Hawks with 24 points and nine rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 53.4 percent overall in tonight's game.
- UND out-rebounded ORU 35-28. The Golden Eagles had eight offensive boards for 11 second chance points.
- The Golden Eagles had a 42.9 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 14 times, but forced the Fighting Hawks to turn the ball over 20 times.
- ORU shot 75 percent from the free-throw line (9-for-12).
- Keni Jo Lippe recorded nine points and grabbed two rebounds with one assist.
- Maya Mayberry scored 14 points with two assists and three steals.
- Lakota Beatty had a career high 35 points with six rebounds and four assists.
- Sarah Garvie had a career high seven rebounds.
- ORU had nine bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles capitalized with 23 points off of turnovers and 34 points in the paint.
ORU travels to Macomb, Illinois, for its final regular season road contest of the season against Western Illinois Saturday, February 23, at 4:30 p.m. inside Western Hall.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.