Oral Roberts (14-12, 7-6) at North Dakota (10-15, 5-7)
Date/Time: Saturday, February 16, 2019 / 2 p.m.
Live Stats: at North Dakota
Location: Grand Forks, North Dakota (Engelstad Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team continues its road trip with a battle against the North Dakota Fighting Hawks Saturday, February 16 at 2 p.m. in the Engelstad Center in Grand Forks, North Dakota.
About the Opponent
- North Dakota is currently 10-15 on the season and 5-7 in Summit League play. Last season, the Bison finished tied for ninth in the Big Sky Conference. The Golden Eagles fell to the Fighting Hawks on January 2, 75-67, at the Mabee Center.
- The Bison are coming off an 81-58 road loss at South Dakota State, on February 9.
- North Dakota returned four starters from last season and six four newcomers.
- ORU will face North Dakota for the second all-time meeting between the two programs and the second time this season.
- The Golden Eagles won their most recent Summit League game, 65-54, on the road at North Dakota State on February 13.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the program its first ever win over the Fighting Hawks.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 14.4 points per game which makes her eighth in the Summit League.
- Lakota Beatty averages 14.2 points per game. Beatty is 10th in in the Summit League in points per game and eighth in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.6 points per game and is currently second in the Summit League in overall free throws made and is 30th in the nation. Lippe earned her first career player of the week honor for her efforts in week 12.
- As a whole, ORU is fourth in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 105-105 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.