Score: Oral Roberts 101 – North Dakota State 72
Records: ORU (11-10) (4-4); NDSU (6-14) (3-5)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Keni Jo Lippe recorded her first double-double of the season with a career high 34 points as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team ties a program record 18 made three-point shots in Saturday's 101-72 win over North Dakota State at the Mabee Center.
After a first half that saw the Golden Eagles and Bison tied 38-38, ORU came out like a brand new team and shot 12-for-15 overall for 80 percent and 7-for-7 from long range to out-score North Dakota State 35-15 in the third. ORU went on a 19-4 run that was then extended to a 27-6 run. Lippe had 15 points in the third and went 5-for-6 overall. The Golden Eagles forced four NDSU turnovers in the third and capitalized with 12 points scoring from long-range on all four turnovers.
The Golden Eagles continued their hot shooting streak in the fourth going 61 percent overall and 50 percent from three-point land. Lakota Beatty, who had 14 points total, scored nine of those in the final period. ORU out-scored NDSU 28-19 in the fourth and held the Bison to a 36 percent overall shooting average. Maya Mayberry shot 12-for-18 overall and 60 percent from beyond the arc for a career high 31 points in the game.
ORU had a season high 54.5 percent from three-point range and three-point shots made with 18. The 18 three-point shots made also tied a program record for the fourth time. ORU tied a Mabee Center record while connecting on the 18 three-point buckets. The Golden Eagles also shot a season high 59.3 percent overall. The 101 points scored is the first time ORU has scored 100-plus points in a game since the 2017-18 season. For the first time in program history, two Golden Eagles scored 30-plus points in a game.
North Dakota State had three double-digits scorers in the contest. Rylee Nudell shot 7-for-8 overall for 22 points. Nudell went 4-for-5 from three-point range. Coming out in the third quarter, NDSU took its final lead of the game by three with nine minutes to go in the third. Michelle Gaislerova recorded 18 points in the game while Sofija Zivalijevic had 11 points. North Dakota State shot 46.8 percent on the day and 55 percent from three-point range.
Oral Roberts: Lippe scored 34 points and had 12 rebounds for her first double-double of the season.
North Dakota State: Nudell recorded 22 points while Dietz had five boards.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 59.3 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded NDSU 34-23. The Golden Eagles had 10 offensive boards.
- The Golden Eagles had a 54.5 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 10 times, but forced the Bison to turn the ball over 12 times.
- ORU shot 81.3 percent from the free-throw line (13-for-16).
- Keni Jo Lippe recorded her first double-double of the season and her second of her career. It was her first 30-plus point outing, which gave her a career high 34 points. She had a season high 12 rebounds.
- Maya Mayberry had a 30-plus point game of her own with a career high 31 points. She also had three rebounds and a season high six assists.
- Lakota Beatty scored 14 points in the game with three rebounds, three assists and one steal.
- ORU had 16 bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles capitalized with 19 points off of turnovers and 34 points in the paint.
ORU plays inside the Mabee Center Wednesday, January 30 at 7 p.m. against Purdue Fort Wayne. The Mastodons are coming off a 15 point upset over Denver on January 26.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.