Oral Roberts (6-5, 0-0) at Houston Baptist (4-4, 0-0)
Date/Time: Sunday, December 16, 2018 / 2 p.m.
TV/Video/Audio: HBU Huskies Live
Live Stats: at Houston Baptist
Location: Houston, Texas (Sharp Gym)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team continues its road trip in southeast Texas to the Houston metro area with a visit to Houston Baptist Sunday, December 16 at 2 p.m.
About the Opponent
- Houston Baptist is currently 4-4 on the season. Last season, the Huskies finished 10th in the final Southland Conference standings.
- The Huskies lost their previous contest, 77-44, at Oklahoma State on December 8.
- HBU returned all five starters from last season and added four newcomers.
- ORU will face Houston Baptist for the seventh all-time meeting between the two programs.
- The Golden Eagles hold a 5-1 all-time record against the Huskies.
- In their last meeting, the Golden Eagles defeated HBU, 78-56, on November 25, 2017, at the Mabee Center.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the women's team their third consecutive win over HBU dating back to the 2016-17 season.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 9.8 points per game.
- Lakota Beatty averages 15.4 points per game and leads the team in field-goal percentage at 49 percent.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.9 points per game off the bench and is currently second in the Summit League in free throws made and is tied for fifth in the nation.
- As a whole, ORU is tied for 13th in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 97-98 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.