TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team heads north for a midweek matchup with the Kansas Jayhawks from the Big 12 Conference Tuesday, November 13 at 7 p.m. inside Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, Kansas.
About the Opponent
- The Kansas Jayhawks finished the 2017-18 season with a 12-18 overall record and went 3-15 in the Big 12 Conference. The Jayhawks went 10-8 at home last season.
- Kansas opened the 2018-19 season with a 67-55 win over UMKC on November 7 at home.
- The Jayhawks return all five starters from the previous year.
- ORU will face Kansas for the second time in three seasons and for the third game of the season.
- It will be the 16th all-time matchup between the Golden Eagles and the Jayhawks.
- In their last meeting, the Golden Eagles fell to Kansas, 64-56, in double overtime at Allen Fieldhouse, on November 11, 2016.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the women's team their 46th all-time win against a Big 12 Conference opponent.
- Sophomore Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League All-Newcomer Team in 2017-18. She averaged 11.6 points per game.
- ORU adds four newcomers to the roster. Two freshmen, Erika Ankney and Raelene Eddens, along with two transfers, Jasmyne May and Sabela Reigosa.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 92-94 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.