Score: No. 5 Oral Roberts 53 – No. 1 South Dakota 65
Records: Oral Roberts (17-13) (7-7); South Dakota (26-5) (14-0)
Location: Denny Sanford Premier Center – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team shot 38 percent from the field in the Monday's 65-53 loss to South Dakota in the Summit League Championship semifinal round at the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
ORU got down early in the opening quarter trailing by as much as eight points before making it a one point game at the end of the first 10 minutes. The Golden Eagles gave valiant effort making a 6-0 run in the second quarter and went in to halftime down by five. The Coyotes started to pull away in the second half taking their largest lead of the game in the final period with 15 point advantage.
Maya Mayberry led the Golden Eagles with 17 points going 5-for-14 overall and 3-for-5 from the three-point line. She was the only ORU player to score in double-digits. Overall, ORU shot 21-for-55 from field for 38.2 percent and 5-for-16 for 31.3 percent from long range. South Dakota shot nine more free-throws in the game going 15-for-16 from the charity stripe, while the Golden Eagles went 6-for-7.
South Dakota's Kate Liveringhouse went 4-for-6 from the three-point line and had 19 points on the day. Three Coyotes scored in double figures as South Dakota shot 21-for-52 overall from the field. The No. 1 seed also went 8-for-19 from the three-point line during the contest. It was the 20th consecutive win for South Dakota as the Coyotes advance to the Summit League Championship final on Tuesday, March 6.
The Golden Eagles trailed by five at halftime. South Dakota knocked down three more three-point shots in the game than ORU and led by as much as 15 points in the fourth quarter.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 38.2 percent overall in the game.
- ORU and South Dakota each had 33 rebounds during the contest.
- The Golden Eagles had a 31.3 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 13 times, but forced the Coyotes to turn the ball over 11 times.
- ORU shot 85.7 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored six points with nine rebounds and two assists. She also had one steal.
- Maya Mayberry recorded 17 points with two rebounds and one assist.
- Montserrat Brotons scored six points with four rebounds and one assist.
- Maria Martianez tallied eight points with five rebounds, three assists and two steals.
- Jordan Gilbert had five points with four boards and one assist.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored eight points with four rebounds, one steal and one assist.
- ORU had 26 points in the paint and 16 bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 10 points off turnovers.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.