Score: Oral Roberts 46 – UT Arlington 70
Records: Oral Roberts (0-2) (0-0); UTA (2-0) (0-0)
Location: College Park Center – Arlington, Texas
ARLINGTON, Texas – Keni Jo Lippe set a career high 14 points in the Oral Roberts women's basketball team's 70-46 loss at UT Arlington Monday evening at College Park Center in Arlington, Texas.
UTA jumped out to a quick 18 point lead in the first quarter. The Mavericks went on an 18-2 run and held the Golden Eagles to a 13 percent shooting average. Keni Jo Lippe, Maya Mayberry and Maria Martianez each had two points in the first quarter. UTA shot 71 percent from the field in the first.
The Mavericks took a 42-20 lead going in to halftime. ORU shot 23 percent from the field in the first half, while UTA shot 59 percent. Keni Jo Lippe led the way for ORU with seven points. Early foul trouble kept Faith Ihim limited in the first half. Ihim had three fouls in 10 minutes of play.
The shooting woes continued for the Golden Eagles in the third quarter. ORU went 1-8 from the field and scored three points. UTA went 3-9 from the field for 33.3 percent. At the conclusion of the third period, UTA led the Golden Eagles 52-27.
ORU finished the night 26.9 percent from the field going 14-52 overall. The Golden Eagles did outscore UT Arlington 19-18 in the fourth quarter. ORU went 75 percent from the free-throw line going 15-20.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 26.9 percent overall in tonight's game.
- UTA out-rebounded ORU 34-33.
- The Golden Eagles had a 27.3 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 18 times, but forced the Mavericks to turn the ball over 15 times.
- ORU shot 75 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored six points and recorded four rebounds in the game.
- Maria Martianez had six points and eight rebounds in the game along with one steal.
- Rachel Skalnik scored three points with three rebounds and three assists.
- Montserrat Brotons totaled two points and grabbed five rebounds.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored 14 points and recorded three rebounds along with one assist.
- Maya Mayberry had five points and one rebound.
- Regan Schumacher recorded four points and six rebounds.
- ORU had 18 points in the paint and 15 bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles capitalized with nine points off of turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will head home to the friendly confines of the Mabee Center to host Panhandle State, Friday, November 17 at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.