Event: 2018 Jimmy John's ORU Invitational
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / ONEOK Sports Complex
Complete Results: Jimmy John's ORU Invitational Results
TULSA, Okla. – The first ever track meet on the ORU campus could only be classified as a success as the Oral Roberts track and field teams broke two school records and posted some of the best marks in the nation, Saturday, at the 2018 Jimmy John's ORU Invitational held at the ONEOK Sports Complex.
News & Notes
- Aniekeme Etim won both the women's 100m and 200m dash events, breaking the school record in the 200m dash with a time of 23.20 seconds. Her time, which is currently the 11th fastest time in the nation this season, broke Madison Reynolds' record of 23.47 from April 16, 2016.
- Etim also joined forces with Kirsten Burnett, Mercy Abire and Kayvon Stubbs to break the school record in the 4x100m relay, running 45.19 seconds, winning by a full second over second place. The time broke the old record of 45.40, which Burnett was also a part of setting, along with Cameron Hilliard, Reynolds and Tamaira Williams on March 24, 2016.
- Raymond Ekevwo won both the 100m and 200m dash events on the men's side. His time of 10.24 seconds in the 100m dash was the fifth fastest time in the nation entering Saturday's action, while his time of 20.92 in the 200m dash was tied for the 15th best time in the nation.
- ORU won 13 total events, and had the top collegiate mark in one other.
- Austin Simpson was the first ORU student-athlete to compete at the new track as he threw a huge PR of 49.16m in the javelin to finish fifth on Friday night.
- Former Golden Eagle great and ORU Athletics Hall of Famer Rachel (Talbert) Andres came back for the first home meet at her alma mater and won the women's discus with a toss of 54.57m.
- The ORU men won the team title with 148.5 points, while the ORU women took third with 103, just behind South Dakota (146) and Oklahoma State (108.5).
Men's Top-Five Finishers
1 – Raymond Ekevwo – 10.24
1 – Israel Nelson – 14.06
1 – Bryce Choate – 1:52.05
1 – Matt Owen – 4.88m
T4 – Christian Matterson – 4.75m
5 – Austin Simpson – 49.16m
3 – Omega Reese – 2:15.42
3 – Mercy Abire – 6.11m
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.