Event: Summit League Championship / Hosted by North Dakota State
Location: Fargo, N.D. / Schlanser Track-Shelly Ellig Sports Complex
Complete Results: Summit League Championship – Day 2
FARGO, N.D. – The Oral Roberts track and field teams set a number of personal bests on day two of the 2017 Summit League Outdoor Championships, Friday. Highlighting the day was D'Khari Hicks, who set a meet record in the 200m dash, breaking his own mark from a year ago.
News & Notes
- D'Khari Hicks topped both of his previous season bests, in both the 200m (20.76) and 400m (48.24) events, including the new meet record in the 200m dash.
- Jaden Purnell took advantage of the wind and got out 7.21m (23-8.0)) from the board, topping his previous best of 7.00m.
- Aobakwe Malau ran 10.62 to qualify for the finals in the 100m dash. It was the fastest time by a Golden Eagle this season.
- Mercy Abire edged her season best in the long jump by 0.01m.
- Cameron Hilliard smashed her season bests in the 100m and 200m events. Her 100m time of 11.88 was 0.02 slower than she ran last week, but that was with a 3.3 wind, versus a 1.7 wind on Friday.
Men's Top 8 Finishers
5th – Jaden Purnell – 7.21m (23-8.0)
100m Dash Preliminaries
5th – Aobakwe Malau – 10.62
3,000m Steeplechase Finals
7th – Joshua Lee – 9:38.69
200m Dash Preliminaries
3rd – Cameron Hilliard – 24.15
Action from the 2017 Summit League Outdoor Track and Field Championships finish up Saturday.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.