Event: Baylor Invitational / Hosted by Baylor
Location: Clyde Hart Track & Field Stadium / Waco, Texas
Complete Results: Baylor Invitational
WACO, Texas – The Oral Roberts track and field teams put together 11 top-10 finishes and a number of career bests on Saturday as the Golden Eagles traveled to the Baylor Invitational at the Clyde Hart Track & Field Stadium.
News & Notes
- Jordan Ness ran a personal best in the 1,500m run, finishing ninth overall in 5:19.88, the second fastest time by a Golden Eagle in the event this season.
- Hanna Sanchez posted the fastest 3,000m time by a Golden Eagle this season, finishing ninth at 10:45.96.
- Mercy Abire competed at the long jump for the first time during the outdoor season, claiming third overall. It was the 16th top five finish of the year for the freshman.
- D'Khari Hicks posted the fastest time of the season for ORU in both the 100m and 200m dash events, finishing seventh and fourth, respectively. It was the first time he has broken 21 seconds in the 200m dash, and his first 100m dash race of his career.
- Joshua Lee topped the best time of his career in the 3,000m steeplechase, and earned the first victory of his career as well.
- The 4x100m relay team posted their best race of the season, finishing sixth overall at 40.61.
- Although the wind was over the legal limit, Jaden Purnell crushed his career best in the long jump, taking third place overall.
Women's Top 10 Finishers
9th – Jordan Ness – 5:19.88
9th – Hanna Sanchez – 10:45.96
8th – Brittany McDonald – 3.83m (12-6.75)
3rd – Mercy Abire – 6.11m (20-0.5)
4th – D'Khari Hicks – 20.86
1st – Joshua Lee – 9:43.37
3rd – Jaden Purnell – 15.26m (50-0.75)
The Golden Eagles will be back in action next Saturday, April 15, at the 9th Annual David Suenram Classic at Pittsburg State.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.