ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts' Israel Nelson was named Summit League Men's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week while North Dakota State's Courtney Pasiowitz earned Women's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award for their performances during the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5.
ISRAEL NELSON, ORAL ROBERTS
So. // Port St. Lucie, Fla.
- Earned his fourth career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week
- Won the 60-meter hurdles in a time of 7.93 seconds at the Bob Timmons Challenge in Lawrence, Kan.
- His winning time is the best in the Summit League so far this season
- His 60-hurdle time (7.93) is currently second in the NCAA this year
Also nominated: Paul Salee, IUPUI; Landon Jochim, North Dakota State; Adam Belhaj, South Dakota State
Jr. // Coon Rapids, Minn.
- Garnered her first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week honor
- Placed first in the shot put with a mark of 51-09.00 (15.77m) at the Dakota Classic in Fargo, N.D.
- The distance was good for the league's best mark so far and is currently third in the NCAA this season
- Finished second, behind teammate Katelyn Weimerskirch, in the weight throw with a toss of 63-11.50 (19.49 m) at the meet
- Her weight throw currently ranks seventh in the NCAA
Also nominated: Madison Fruchey, Fort Wayne; Silvia Zanini, South Dakota State; Mercy Abire, Oral Roberts
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook and Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.