Event: The Summit League Indoor Championships
Location: IPFW Athletics Center Fieldhouse / Fort Wayne, Ind.
Complete Results: Results
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Golden Eagles track and field finished the 2016 Summit League Indoor Championships with a total of six championships. ORU swept the men's and women's 200 meter races to highlight day two of the meet. The women also picked up wins in the women's 400 and 60 meter races, while the men's 4x400 relay team brought home the top spot in the event.
Men's Top Finishers
- The ORU men's 4x400 relay team brought home a championship in day two as well. Omeiza Akerele, Israel Nelson, D'Khari Hicks and Reinhard Ndlovu teamed up for a time of 3:16.17 in the finals, defeating their closest competitor by over a second.
- Omeiza Akerele also brought home the men's 200 meter championship in his first career conference meet. The freshman edged teammate D'Kari Hicks by four one hundreths of a second as he finished with a time of 21.75 seconds. The Golden Eagles took the top four spots in the event in the finals.
- Freshman Israel Nelson claimed a second-place finish in the 60-meter hurldes (7.98) in the his first indoor conference meet of his career. Prior to this weekend, the Port St. Lucie, Florida native held the fastest time in the nation in the event.
- Reinhard Ndlovu and D'Khari Hicks placed second and third, respectively, in the 400 menter event. Ndlovu clocked a 48.82 while Hicks recorded a tiem of 48.99 seconds.
Women's Top Finishers
- Madison Reynolds took the top spot in the women's 400 after finishing with a mark of 54.34, edging HDSU's Morgan Milbrath by a half second for the title. The senior also took home a championship in the 200 meter race in the meets closest finish. Reynolds finished with a time of 24.55 seconds, just one one-hundreth of a second better than second place.
- Tamaira Williams finished in the top spot in the 60-meter race with a time of 7.60 seconds.
- Kirsten Burnett finished second in the triple jump, recording a jump of 12.63 meters (41' 5¼"). It marked her fifth top-3 finish in the event on the season.
1 – North Dakota State – 183
2 – South Dakota State – 145.5
3 – Oral Roberts – 132
4 – South Daokota – 113
5 – IUPUI – 63.5
6 – Western Illinois – 17
1 – North Dakota St. – 220.5
2 – South Dakota – 181.5
3 – South Dakota State – 107
4 – Oral Roberts – 72
5 – Omaha – 45
6 – IPFW – 17
7 – Western Illinois – 11
8 – IUPUI – 9
For the latest information on ORU track & field, follow @ORUAthletics or @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.