Event: Pittsburg State Invitational
Host: Pittsburg State
Location: Pittsburg, Kan.
PITTSBURG, Kan. - Coming off his second career Summit League Track and Field Athlete of the Week award this season, Israel Nelson proved it was no fluke as the freshman pushed himself to the top of the national rankings in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.69 seconds Friday night at the Pittsburg State Invitational.
The mark was also good enough to break the school record he set earlier in the year at the Air Force Invitational.
- Junior Justin Estala continues to excel in the pole vault as he secured his first victory of the season with a mark of 5.17 meters (16' 11½").
- In the women's 400 meter dash, senior Madison Reynolds picked up her second win of the season in the event after a 53.91 second performance.
- Burlington, Wash. native Tiffany Richeson took second place in the pole vault on her way to a new personal record with a jump of 3.86 meters (12' 8").
- Benin City, Nigeria native Omeiza Akerele also set a new personal record in the 400 meter dash (47.90) on his way to a second place finish in the event.
- D'Khari Hicks, Reinhard Ndlovu, Akerele and Nelson teamed up for a third place finish in the men's 4x400 relay with a time of 3:13.42.
- Sophomore jumper Amaya Christon just missed a new personal record in the long jump when she finished sixth in the event with a mark of 5.54 meters (18' 2¼").
- Tulsa native Tamaira Williams finished fifth in the women's 200 meter race with a time of 24.49 seconds.
- Tonkawa, Okla. native, Omega Reese set a new season high in the mile with a mark of 2:16.25, which was good enough for sixth place.
To view complete results, click here.
The team will hit the road next weekend as they travel to the MSSU Lion Open hosted by Missouri Southern.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow @ORUAthletics and @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.