ELMHURST, Ill. – Israel Nelson has been named Summit League Men's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week while teammate Kirsten Burnett earned Women's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award for their performances during the week of Jan. 18-24.
So. | Port St. Lucier, Fla.
- Earned his second Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award this season
- Won the 60-meter hurdles in a Summit League-best time of 7.76 seconds at the Air Force Invitational
- His converted time of 7.80 is tied for eighth nationally this indoor season
- Part of second-place 4x440 relay team that posted a time of 3:19.60
Jr. | Broken Arrow, Okla.
- Named Summit League Athlete of the Week for the first time in her career
- Won the triple jump at the Air Force Invitational over the weekend
- Her winning distance of 41-10.50 (12.76m) is a career-best and tops in The Summit League this season
- Her mark is the league's best since 2013 and currently ranks 16th nationally
The team will travel to Pittsburg, Kan. for the Pittsburg State Invitational next weekend.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow @ORUAthletics and @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.