Event: Air Force Invitational
Host: Air Force Academy
Location: Colorado Springs, Colo.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Oral Roberts men's and women's track and field teams wrapped up the Air Force Invitational Saturday afternoon with several great performances. In total, the Golden Eagles picked up 14 top-5 finishes during the three-day event.
- Junior Kirsten Burnett blew away her previous personal best in the triple jump as she garnered the top spot in the event with a mark of 12.76 meters (41-10.50). The Broken Arrow, Okla. native's previous best was 12.17 meters (39-11.25). Her mark at the event has her 16th in the nation in the event.
- Israel Nelson continues to impress this indoor season after garnering his second victory in the 60-meter hurdles while setting a new personal best in the competition with a mark of 7.76 seconds. Nelson, a sophomore, claimed the top spot in the event earlier this month at the Bill Easton Classic in Kansas and is currently tied for eighth in the nation in the event.
- Tulsa, Okla. native Tamaira Williams garnered her best finals finish of the indoor season as she claimed second place in the 60 meter race with a mark of 7.60 seconds. The senior sprinter also took second place in the 200 meter race with a time of 24.50 seconds.
- Sophomore Reinhard Ndlovu nearly broke a personal-best mark in the 400-meter race as he claimed second place with a time of 48.72 seconds.
- Asher Roberts, Cameron Hilliard, Omega Reese and Alexis Flores teamed up for the women's mile relay and finished third with a time of 3:58.39, just behind teams from Colorado and Wyoming.
- D'Khari Hicks, Akerele, Ndlovu and Nelson took second place in the men's mile relay with a time of 3:19.60.
- Senior Michael Burns took second place in the long jump after setting a mark of 7.23 meters (23-8.75) on his way to a new personal best in the event.
- Amaya Christon set a new personal record in the long jump as she finished third with a mark of 5.62 meters (18-5.25).
- Senior Joseph Reis-Herron just missed a new personal best in the 60-meter race after finishing in third place with a mark of 6.85 seconds.
- Sophomore Omeiza Akerele picked up his second third-place finish of the season in the 200, finishing with a time of 21.67 seconds.
- Omaha, Neb. native MaKayla Roberts finished fourth in the mile with a time of 2:32.49.
- Justin Estala, Tommy Dial and Matt Owen all finished inside the top 15 in the men's pole vault competition. Estala was fifth overall but the second collegian in the event with a mark of 5.35m (17-6.50), which puts him in a tie for seventh in the nation. In his first competitive event of his collegiate career, Dial finished with a mark of 4.75 meters (15-7.00) while Owen also finished the event with a height of 4.75 meters (15-7.00).
To view complete results, click here.
The team will travel to Pittsburg, Kan. for the Pittsburg State Invitational next weekend.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow @ORUAthletics and @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.