Event: Arkansas Invitational
Host: University of Arkansas
Location: Fayetteville, Ark.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - The Oral Roberts men's and women's track and field teams wrapped up the Arkansas Invitational with 11 top-5 finishes on the day against some of the regions toughest competition, including the Razorback men who came into the meet ranked 10th nationally.
- Senior sprinter Madison Reynolds won the 400-meter race with a time of 54.61. The Oklahoma City native nearly a second better than any other competitor in the event.
- Coming off a Summit League Athlete of the Week honor, sophomore Israel Nelson finished second in the 60-meter hurdles with a mark of 7.92 seconds.
- Second year sprinter Omeiza Akerele finished third in the 200-meter dash after a mark of 21.45 seconds.
- In the women's 60-meter dash, senior Tamaira Williams took fourth (7.590) just one one-hundredths of a second behind third place.
- San Antonio native Blayne Hisquierdo placed fourth in the mile with a time of 1:59.95.
- Omega Reese and Destanie Thomas finished third and fourth in the mile, respectively. Reese finished with a time of 2:18.51 while Thomas finished in 2:22.34.
- Justin Estala and Matt Owen placed third and fourth in the men's pole vault competition, respectively. Estala finished with a jump of 5.05 meters (16-10.75) while Owen finished just behind with a mark of 4.90 meters (16-0.75)
- In the women's triple jump, junior Kirsten Burnett took third with a jump of 11.99 meters (39-4.00).
- Michael Burns and Jaden Purnell finished back-to-back in the men's triple jump and third and fourth respectively. Burns hit a mark of 14.68 meters (48-2.00) while Purnell ended his day at 14.13 meters (46-4.25).
The team will travel to Colorado Springs, Colo. next weekend for the Air Force Invitational.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow @ORUAthletics and @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.