Event: Bill Easton Classic
Host: University of Kansas
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. - The Oral Roberts men's and women's track and field teams competed at the Bill Easton Classic, hosted by Kansas. Overall the Golden Eagles claimed three event titles while notching the top-5 thirteen times on the day.
- Distance runner Omega Reese earned a first-place finish in the 800, besting her closest opponent by over four seconds (2:21.76). She was followed by teammate McKayla Roberts (2:31.94) in fifth, respectively.
- Sophomore Israel Nelson earned his first indoor victory of the season while setting a new personal best in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.89.
- Kirsten Burnett took the triple jump after clearing 12.17 meters (39-11.25). The Broken Arrow, Okla. native was the only competitor in the field to clear the 12-meter mark.
- Tristan James placed second in the long jump with mark of 7.09 meters (23-03.25) while taking third in the triple jump with a distance of 14.92 meters (48-11.50).
- Sophomore Asher Roberts placed third in the 400 with a time of 58.54.
- Tiffany Richeson, a Burlington, Wash. native, took third in the pole vault, clearing 3.65 meters (11-11.75).
- Senior sprinter Joseph Reis-Herron claimed fourth in the 60 meter race after clocking a 6.89.
- In the 200 meter race, Raphael Chihambakwe finished fifth after a run of 22.52 seconds.
- Tamaira Williams placed third in the 60-meter at 7.57 seconds.
- Amaya Christon placed third in the long jump with a completed jump of 5.42 meters (17-09.50).
- Paris, Ark. native, Justin Estala finished fourth in the pole vault after breaking 5.05 meters (16-06.75).
The Golden Eagles do not have a weekend off until after the Summit League Indoor Championships in late february. The team will travel to Fayetteville, Ark. next weekend for the Arkansas Invitational.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow @ORUAthletics and @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.