Event: Bob Timmons Challenge
Host: University of Kansas
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. - In its first meet of the 2015-16 season, the Oral Roberts track and field team finished with 11 top-3 finishes at the Bob Timmons Challenge hosted by the University of Kansas. Six of the top-3 finishes came in track events while the other five were in the field arena.
News & Notes
- After taking the championship a year ago at the Bob Timmons Challenge in the 60-meter dash, senior Joseph Reis-Herron took second with a time of 6.89 seconds. Fellow Golden Eagle Omeiza Akrele finished just behind in third with a time of 6.92 seconds.
- Tamaira Williams placed fourth inthe 60-meter after clocking a 7.67.
- Junior transfer Alexis Smith placed second in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.84 seconds in her first meet for the Golden Eagles.
- Destanie Thomas finished third in the mile with a time of 5:22.75 while San Antonio native Blayne Hisquierdo took fifth (4:39.68) on the men's side.
- In the 800 meter, ORU placed two runners on the podium with second-place finishes. Asher Roberts finished with a time of 2:20.91 on the women's side while Reinhard Ndlovu finished less then a second behind first on the men's side with a mark of 1:58.39.
- In the field, senior Michael Burns led things off with a runer-up finish in the triple jump with a mark of 14.48 meters. Tristan James was fifth in the event with a mark of 14.14 meters.
- Tiffany Richeson took second in the pole vault after a 3.80 meter jump on her seventh attempt.
- Second year jumper Takudzwa Muchichwa took home a runner-up finish in the high jump after 1.96 meter jump in his third attempt.
- Broken Arrow, Okla. native Kirsten Burnett placed third in the triple jump with a mark of 11.67 meters, setting a new career high in the process.
- James and Burns finished third and fourth in the men's triple jump, respectively. James set a mark at 6.94 meters while Burns went for a distance of 6.71 meters on his second attempt.
- Friday's meet was the first of the indoor season, and the only meet scheduled this semester.
The Golden Eagles will return to the track after the New Year, heading back to Lawrence January 8 for the Bill Easton Classic.
For the latest information on ORU Track and Field, follow @ORUAthletics and @ORUTrack on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.