Event: Wichita State Herm Wilson Invitational
Host: Wichita State
Location: Wichita State-Heskett Center - Wichita, Kan.
Event: Iowa State Classic
Host: Iowa State
Location: Lied Recreation Center - Ames, Iowa
WICHITA, Kan. - Junior sprinter Madison Reynolds placed herself in the running for a spot at NCAA Indoor Championships Saturday afternoon as she set a lifetime best mark in the 400-meter dash at the Iowa State Classic.
The Oral Roberts University men's and women's track teams also had participants competing in the Herm Wilson Invitational in Wichita, Kan., hosted by Wichita State. The Golden Eagles finished the WSU meet with 12 top five finishers, including victories in the men's 400-meter dash by Reinhard Ndlovu and in the women's 60-meter dash by Tamaira Williams.
News and Notes
- At the Iowa State Classic, Reynolds ran away with the win in the 400-meter dash, crossing the finish line with a time of 52.86, a lifetime personal record in either indoor or outdoor. She was one of five runners not from a "Power Five" conference in the event.
- Reynolds time was the 14th fastest time in the nation this season in the 400-meter.
- Freshman Reinhard Ndlovu earned his first collegiate victory in the men's 400-meter dash as he finished in 49.08 seconds.
- Joseph Reis-Herron just missed tying his collegiate best time in the 60-meter dash, finishing with a time of 6.81 seconds, tying the second fastest time in the Summit League.
- Also bringing home a second place finish was Justin Estala in the pole vault. Estala cleared the 5.21 (17-1) meter mark, the top collegiate mark in the event.
- Kaleb Presley earned his third top three finish of the year in the men's long jump with a distance of 6.78 (22-3.6) meters.
- Tamaira Williams finished the 60-meter dash with her collegiate best in the with a time of 7.55 seconds. It was the second fastest time in the league this season.
- Freshman Asher Roberts crossed the finish line in third place in the 400-meter with a time of 58.19 seconds.
- Omega Reese had the top time of her young career in the 800-meter, finishing third at the 2:14.35 mark.
- Samantha Watson added a third place finish in the 3000-meter run with a time of 10:24.01, 24 seconds faster than her last 3000-meter run event on Jan. 24 at the Mark Colligan Memorial.
The ORU men's and women's track teams will close the month at the Summit League Indoor Championships in Fargo, N.D. The meet will be hosted by North Dakota State on February 27-28.
|Iowa State Classic Results|
|Herm Wilson Invitational Results|