Event: MSSU Lion Invite
Host: Missouri Southern State
Location: Joplin, Mo.
JOPLIN, Mo. - The Oral Roberts University men's and women's track teams made the short trip north on I-44 to take part in the MSSU Lion Invite in Joplin, Mo., Friday and Saturday, hosted by Southern Missouri.
Highlighting the action for ORU were a pair of personal bests in the pole vault competitions.
News and Notes
- Sophomore pole vaulter Justin Estala set a personal record in the men's pole vault as he cleared the 5.38m (17-7.5) mark, passing his previous best set at the Air Force Collegiate Open last season. Estala was the top collegiate performer in the event, finishing second behind former Golden Eagle, unattached Jack Whitt. It was also the top performance in the Summit League this season.
- Andres Del Valle cleared his season best mark of 4.56 meters (14-11.5) in the pole vault.
- Brittany McDonald recorded her collegiate best mark in the women's pole vault, clearing 3.57 meters (11-8.5).
- Daniella Szabo recorded a mark of 3.42 meters (11-2.5) in the pole vault.
- Daniel Enriquez and David Ferreyro each competed in both the 60-meter hurdles and the shot put. In the hurdles, Ferreyro finished with a time of 11.44, just in front of Enriquez who recorded a time of 12.01. Enriquez out-threw Ferreyro with a distance of 8.83 meters (28-11.75), while Ferreyro tossed it 6.50 meters (21-4).
- In the men's long jump, Amir Curry jumped to a distance of 5.29 meters.
- Olivia Terry and Kaylin Moore took part in the women's 60-meter hurdles. Terry finished with a time of 10.31 and Moore crossed the finish line at 11.28.
- Moore also competed in the women's shot put, tossing a distance of 6.60 meters (21-8).
The ORU men's and women's track teams will return to action next Saturday as they take part in the Herm Wilson Invitational at Wichita State.
|MSSU Lion Invite Results|