Event: Bill Easton Classic
Host: University of Kansas
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. - Junior Madison Reynolds continued to dominate the quarter-mile distance and a number of runners set personal bests Friday night as the Oral Roberts track and field teams competed at the Bill Easton Classic, hosted by Kansas.
Reynolds won the 400m dash with a time of 54.90, and has won the event at both indoor meets this season. Reynolds also successfully defended her title at the meet and has now won seven of her last eight 400m races.
Other highlights for ORU were top-5 finishes by Tamaira Williams (60m), Joseph Reis-Herron and Raphael Chihambakwe (60m), Reinhard Ndlovu (400m), John Bradford (800m), Asher Roberts (800m) and the 4x400m relay team (Bradford, Hicks, Ndlovu, James).
News & Notes
- After approaching her personal best in the preliminaries of the women's 60m dash, Tamaira Williams reached the mark in the finals, running a new personal record 7.62 to move up to third in the event.
- Joseph Reis-Herron ran his best time of the season (6.84) in the men's 60m dash to take second.
- Whitney Stanley's time of 10.39 seconds in the 60m hurdles was a new career best in the event. The sophomore finished 21st overall.
- Running the open 400m dash for the first time in his ORU career, freshman Reinhard Ndlovu finished second overall with a time of 49.02. Only Chris Campbell of Kansas State was faster on Friday.
- Freshman Asher Roberts dropped four seconds off her time at the first meet, running 2:18.78 in the women's 800m run to take second, one second off the leader from Kansas State.
The meets come fast and furious for the Golden Eagles as they compete each of the next five weekends. ORU will travel to the J.D. Martin Invitational in Norman Saturday, January 17.