Event: 2015 Summit League Outdoor Championship
Location: Hanson Field – Macomb, Ill.
MACOMB, Ill. – The Oral Roberts track and field teams continued to improve with a number of season bests Friday on the final day of the 2015 Summit League Track and Field Championships, hosted by Western Illinois.
While a number of Golden Eagles found their way to the medal stand, it was D'Khari Hicks who earned the top spot, winning the 200m Championship with his fastest time of the season, 21.08.
ORU Women's Results
- Ana Camargo took bronze in the triple jump with a season-best mark of 12.32m (40-5).
- Cameron Hilliard, Alexis Flores, Kirsten Burnett and Tamaira Williams combined to run 45.99 in the 4x100m relay taking second overall. It was the fastest relay time of the year for ORU.
- Madison Reynolds' strangle hold on the 400m dash came to an end as she took second overall at 54.49 seconds. Reynolds had won two straight conference championships at the distance entering Friday's final. Asher Roberts took seventh with a season-best time of 57.03.
- In the 100m dash, ORU took third, fifth and sixth, with Williams running 11.98 to lead the ORU charge. Burnett (12.43) and Hilliard (12.45) finished fifth and sixth, respectively. It was Hilliard's best race of the season.
- The 200m dash also saw Williams leading the charge as she ran another season-best 24.82 to finish third overall, just ahead of Reynolds who took fourth at 25.14. Burnett was eighth in a time of 25.98.
- After finishing eighth in the prelims, Omega Reese moved up to fifth in the finals of the 800m run, finishing in 2:12.48, nearly a full second faster than the day before.
- Samantha Watson ended her storied career with an eighth place finish in the 5,000m run, finishing in an outdoor career-best time of 18:11.62.
- The 4x400m relay team of Roberts, Williams, Flores and Reese finished fifth overall in a time of 3:51.96.
ORU Men's Results
- D'Khari Hicks earned the championship in the men's 200m dash with a season-best time of 21.08. Raphael Chihambakwe (21.53) was fourth in the event and Joseph Reis-Herron (24.31) took eighth.
- Israel Nelson took fifth in the finals of the 110m hurdles, running 15.00.
- Hicks made a charge down the final straight away and made up a lot of distance, overtaking multiple runners en route to a runner-up finish with a time of 47.85 in the 400m dash, a second personal best on the day for Hicks.
- Reis-Herron was edged at the line in the 100m dash, running 10.66 to finish second overall, while Chihambakwe ran 10.87 to take sixth.
- John Bradford also took home a silver medal, finishing second in the 800m run with a time of 1:52.76.
- Bradford, Kenneth James, Blayne Hisquierdo and Hicks combined to run a season-best 3:13.95 in the 4x400m relay, finishing third in the event.
Final Team Results
1. North Dakota State – 266.5
2. South Dakota – 199
3. South Dakota State – 156
4. Western Illinois – 73
5. Oral Roberts – 66.5
6. IUPUI – 41
1. North Dakota State – 282
2. South Dakota – 209
3. South Dakota State – 153
4. Oral Roberts – 70
5. Omaha – 43
6. Western Illinois – 40
7. Fort Wayne – 16
8. IUPUI – 4
ORU will send accepted athletes to the NCAA Preliminary Rounds hosted May 28-30 in Austin, Texas. Those currently sitting in position to make the top 48 in the west region are: Reis-Herron (46th, 100m), Israel Nelson (39th, 110mH), Justin Estala (24th, pole vault), Tamaira Williams (39th, 100m), Madison Reynolds (21st, 400m) and Ana Camargo (43rd, triple jump).