Event: 2015 Summit League Outdoor Championship
Location: Hanson Field – Macomb, Ill.
MACOMB, Ill. – The Oral Roberts University track and field teams were dominant on the track Thursday in the preliminary races and the Golden Eagles will eye a number of individual championships as action continues at the 2015 Summit League Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Macomb, Illinois.
ORU put a total of 18 athletes in the finals of the track events, including a number of top times.
ORU Women's Results
- Tamaira Williams led a cast of three Golden Eagles to make the finals in the 100m dash. Williams ran 11.63, the fastest overall time by 0.2 seconds and the fastest in her head by nearly a half second. Kirsten Burnett and Cameron Hilliard ran 11.99 and 12.27 to claim the two at-large spots in the finals.
- Madison Reynolds (24.52) ran the second fastest qualifying time in the 200m dash, and will join Williams (24.56) and Burnett (24.86) in the finals on Friday.
- Reynolds cruised to victory in the 400m dash, advancing with the fastest overall time of 55.02. Her time was 0.73 faster than anyone else in her heat. Asher Roberts ran 57.92 to claim the final at-large spot in the finals.
- Omega Reese will be ORU's lone representative in the 8080m run, finishing the prelims at 2:13.25, fourth in her heat.
- Samantha Watson took fifth overall in the 3,000m steeplechase with a time of 10:59.49.
ORU Men's Results
- Joseph Reis-Herron ran 10.59 in the men's 100m dash, the second fastest qualifying time entering Friday's finals. Raphael Chihambakwe also qualified for the finals with a time of 10.82.
- D'Khari Hicks ran 21.37 to earn the top spot in Friday's finals of the 200m dash event. Chihambakwe (22.07) and Reis-Herron (22.28) also earned a spot in the top eight and will compete again tomorrow.
- ORU took first and third in the prelims of the 400m dash, with Omeiza Akerele running 48.38 to earn the top spot, while Hicks ran 48.86 to take third. Both were in the same heat in the prelims, finishing first and second.
- John Bradford had the fastest qualifying time in the 800m run, topping the competition by nearly a full second at 1:53.68.
- Israel Nelson claimed the second spot in the 110m hurdles with a time of 14.65 to win his heat.
- Takudzwa Muchichwa took fourth overall to earn valuable team points in the high jump, clearing 2.01m (6-7.0). Only one athlete got over a bar higher than Muchichwa, but he took fourth due to misses at earlier heights.
- Kaleb Presley got on the medalist stand in the long jump, claiming third overall with a leap of 6.75m (22-1.75).
The meet continues Friday from Hanson Field. Video and live results will be available at GoLeathernecks.com and updates will be provided on Twitter through @summitchamps.