Event: 2015 Summit League Outdoor Championship
Location: Hanson Field – Macomb, Ill.
MACOMB, Ill. – The 2015 Summit League Outdoor Track and Field Championships kicked off Wednesday in Macomb, Illinois. Six Oral Roberts student-athletes were in action on the first day, led by a personal best from Chenoa Simpson, who took third overall in the women's javelin.
- Simpson took third in the women's javelin, posting a personal best mark of 42.28m (138-8), three feet better than her previous best.
- Brittany McDonald took 10th in the women's pole vault, clearing 3.46m (11-4.25).
- Madison Guenzler ran 40:53.85 in the women's 10,000m to finish 16th.
- Jonathan Harper's time of 32:17.46 put him ninth overall in the 10,000m run, edging out teammate Ryan Masey, who took 10th in 32:25.23.
- Elisha Jordan's toss of 49.17m (161-4) put him 11th in the men's javelin competition.
The meet continues Thursday and Friday from Hanson Field. Video and live results will be available at GoLeathernecks.com and updates will be provided on Twitter through @summitchamps.