Event: Rock Chalk Classic
Host: University of Kansas
Location: Lawrence, Kan.
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Oral Roberts track and field teams did what they set out to do Saturday, lowering a number of season bests in the final meet before the upcoming Summit League Championships.
Women's Top 5 Finishers
- Tamaira Williams continued to run well in the 100m dash, finishing third overall in a season best time of 11.75. It was her sixth top five finish in seven races at that distance this season.
- Cameron Hilliard, Madison Reynolds, Kirsten Burnett and Williams ran 47.09 in the 4x100m relay to take fourth.
- Ana Camargo earned a mark of 12.23m (40-0.5) in the triple jump, her best mark of the year, to take fourth overall in the event.
Men's Top 5 Finishers
- As Williams has done on the women's side, Joseph Reis-Herron has done on the men's side, running 10.48 in the 100m dash to take third overall. The mark was 0.01 off his mark from last week that earned him Summit League Athlete of the Week honors.
- Sonwabiso Skhosana returned to the medal stand in the 400m dash, running 47.89 in the event to take second overall. Skhosana now has four top five finishes in six 400m races this season.
- Omeiza Akerele and D'Khari Hicks finished fifth and sixth, respectively in the 400m dash, with times of 48.96 and 49.50.
- Israel Nelson ran 14.25 in the 110m hurdles, easily his fastest time of the year having run 14.58 at Arkansas.
- Only Air Force had a faster 4x100m relay team than ORU, with Justin Estala, Akerele, Hicks and Reis-Herron combining to run 41.46 to claim second.
- In the 4x400m relay, Kansas was the lone team to best the Golden Eagles as Akerele, Hicks, Blayne Hisqueirdo and Skhosana ran 3:16.35 for second.
News and Notes
- While she didn't get into the top five, Burnett broke her season best by nearly a second in the 200m dash, running 24.65 to take seventh overall.
- Justin Estala was the fifth best collegian in the pole vault, clearing 5.11m (16-9.25) for eighth overall. Former Golden Eagle Jack Whitt won the event as a professional.
Saturday's action ended the regular season for ORU, and the Golden Eagles will now travel to the Summit League Outdoor Championships in Macomb, Illinois, May 13.